LENT + Other Ramblings

In the past, I have not done well "giving things up" for Lent. I always fail in the first week and then it just causes a weird loop of emotions, so I have lately attempted to "add" something instead: going to daily mass, listening to Christian/Catholic radio only, praying a Divine Mercy Chaplet every car ride, etc.

This year, I was hazily pondering something about my marriage (maybe praying for him, reading a devotional together...), but hadn't settled on anything specific. However, every time I started to think about this, one of my friends kept popping into my head and my heart felt the need to pray for her.

So, in what I think is a nudge by the Holy Spirit, I'm committing to praying for my friend every day. I plan on doing a doodle prayer so there is a visual representation of my prayers and then gifting her that image at Easter.


If you like Fixer Upper, you'll love this book. The audio book is even better because Chip reads it himself. It's a great mix of humor, anecdotes, marriage advice, and motivational pep talks. I liked it about 3x more than The Magnolia Story. 


I also adored this book because the main character, Ove, is a grumpy old man that you will eventually grow to love. He has so many quirks that make him come alive. In short, he wants to kill himself -- and tries multiple times -- but his darn, caring neighbors just keep annoying him at his doorstep at just the wrong (or right!) moment. I bawled at the end. Not much happens in terms of the plot, but the character development is amazing. 

Lastly, I've always loved Ash Wednesday, but we have conferences all day. This sucks because I can't go to Mass, but also because it makes fasting SO MUCH HARDER when I'm stuck here without M&Ms to nibble on all evening. Guess that's the point of it anyway... 

Also-- prayers for a special intention!! (Especially around 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday the 14th!) Thank you =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ooooh You Know

2018

#FiveFavorites