Quick Takes

1. My phone's screen has been cracked for the last ... 8 months? WRONG! I had a freaking screen protector on it and forgot. Ha. It actually still looks brand-spanking-new. (Fingers crossed I don't drop it before a new screen protector arrives on Saturday.) I also impulsively bought a new phone cover... I needed a change.


2. Speaking of change... I landed a new job! Details to come later once things are 100% official. I'm nervous (since it's a big change!) but so excited -- for new challenges, meeting new people, new curriculum to learn. Honestly, I enjoy my job now, but the commute is 30 minutes in the morning and 50 minutes after school including getting the kids from daycare -- and that's in perfect traffic/weather. Now my commute will be 9 minutes, with no rush hour traffic. 

3. I also just signed up to be an Usborne Book Consultant! Reading is totally my jam. I read all the time, so obviously I love having all sorts of books around for my kids too. I don't believe in having too many =) It'd be awesome if I could make a few extra bucks, but if I just use it for the 25% discount I receive, that's fine too. However--- if you'd like to check it our or host an online party, hit me up!

4. My district went rogue, cancelling school yesterday. Only district in the metro. So I spent the day with my kiddos, cleaning, Jazzercised, made brownies, finished my grad class homework, took a nap, drank the coffee. #delightful

5. Scythe by Neal Shusterman. I'm halfway through and can't get enough! Basic premise: In the future, people have conquered death: no wars, famine, disease, etc. Scythes must "glean" (kill) at least 260 people a year in order to curb actual over population. The book follows two teenagers who are chosen as apprentices, but they soon learn the Scythes aren't as perfectly law abiding as they appear.... and shit is about to go down. It's YA, which is typically predictable, but not this book! I've already been surprised a few times! (and it's the first in a trilogy I think). 

6. How's your Lenten resolution going? I've done mine every day except one! 

7. This winter seems endless-- and full of WAY more snow than I remember. My car is an eternal slushly, salty mess. The entryway full of puddles and sandy debris. Aaaaaand I've been compensating the overall sludgy feeling with a few too many $1.99 lattes from DunkinDonuts to conquer that afternoon slump. But they sure are tasty :) 


Comments

  1. Congrats on the new job! Can't wait to hear more about it. :) Anything that reduces time in the car is usually a good thing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ooooh You Know

2018

#FiveFavorites