QuickTakes

ONE. A few days ago, Luke and I were saying his prayers at night. Following our typical routine, he ZOOMED through the Angel of God prayer so he "could win me." Then he said, "Dear Jesus, Thank you for nails, screwdrivers, boards, walls, poop, wheels, fire trucks, and butts." And he said all of that in a Darth Vader voice. I hope Jesus found it as humorous as I did! Toddlers are hilarious.

TWO. However, he also cut open my forehead with a microwave door at Lowe's! Holding him since he refused to stay in the cart, I was leaning in to look at the oven specs when he reached up, opened the metal microwave door right into my face! It bled and everything. BUT we did leave with a new oven + microwave combo! Wooooo! (Our dishwasher and fridge are black, but we went with this combo. They are more muted looking in person-- not as bright and shiny as they appear in these pics. I'm hoping it's not a huge deal when reselling... )



THREE. Instead of paying Lowe's $25 to dispose of your old oven, did you know that Salvation Army will come to your home and take it for free? #winning + tax write-off



FOUR. I just finished One of Us is Lying by Karen McManus. Five kids end up in after school detention. Simon (who runs a gossip app for the high school) gets up to take a drink, has an extreme allergic reaction and dies because his epi-pen (and the ones in the Nurse's office) went missing. It wasn't an accident. The book alternates perspectives as everyone tries to discover who killed Simon, while readers also find uncover the other characters' dark secrets. It wasn't predictable! Fun, quick read.

FIVE. I fell sleep at 8:30 while putting Luke to bed TWO TIMES this week.... Definitely woke up at like midnight both times and then wandered into my own room. Apparently I was rather tired.

SIX. I'm so excited I now get an Usborne discount because two new books just came out yesterday that I know Luke will LOVE in his Easter basket: Bug Hotel & What's it like in Space. If you'd like to check them out or place an order, let me know! I love giving book recommendations =) There are also the cutest books if you know anyone in the military: My Mommy is a Hero and My Daddy is a Hero.






SEVEN. My best friend is coming up from Lincoln to visit tomorrow morning! I'm already counting down the hours to coffee, Hobby Lobby, and stocking up on cheap books at the Library Sale (which is at 90th & Dodge in Omaha -- and you should definitely go check it out -- 25cent books! Rooms and rooms and rooms full of them). Thankfully she enjoys all of these things as much as me =)

For more quick takes --> Head here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ooooh You Know

2018

#FiveFavorites