Currently: Holiday Edition

Currently I'm...

eating: a few gummi worms from the 5 POUND bag my Secret Santa gifted to me this morning.

thinking: that I'm glad there are 12 days of Christmas because we haven't even watched a single Christmas movie yet! Still on our list: Frosty the Snowman (the original), the claymation Rudolph, the Mickey Christmas one on Netflix, Love Actually, Elf, and Home Alone! What are your Christmas favorites?

feeling: A bit overwhelmed with the speed of Advent and the fact I'm working through Friday afternoon. I have about 50 essays to grade by Thursday... and then 110 finals to grade by Friday... Plus some Christmas baking and a little bit of last minute wrapping to attempt #wishmeluck

drinking: a room temperature Diet Coke

planning: how to spend the $1,000 Scott won from a radio contest yesterday!! (And a PS4 + some CDs). I want to save it actually, but Scott wants to spend it. So maybe we'll compromise in the middle.

hoping: to make it to Jazzercise every day (except 2) through December 31st in order to reach 150 classes for the year and earn my free t-shirt! It's a little ridiculous that I'm so motivated by a piece of black fabric...


thankful for: my family. Here's a sneak peak at a picture for our Christmas cards (that will definitely be mailed after the 25th). Luke just funnier than ever and such a Sour Patch-- sour, then sweet. Norah talks up a storm and just discovered Cheetos (and now she cannot get enough!).



excited about: Christmas, duh. But also the two weeks off from school =) My Advisory students participated in a door decorating contest to raise $ for the Open Door Mission; I thought it was beautiful, but we didn't even place in the top 5!


reading: Insignificant Events in the Life of a Cactus by Dusti Bowling. It's about a middle school girl, who was born with no arms, that has to move across the country to live on a dying Dude Ranch in Arizona. She not only has to face adolescent's typical struggles, but also the ridicule of others and feeling like an outcast when she eats lunch with her toes. I'm about half way through it.


watching: I can't get enough of The Great British Baking Show! I love their British terms and pronunciations.

wanting: a good coffee date with a good friend to have good conversation. My introverted soul has been craving some of that.

wishing: you a beautiful end to Advent and a joyous Christmas season!

Comments

  1. We haven't watched hardly any Christmas movies either! Basically missing a whole weekend of Advent apparently does that. :) I'm missing some adult friend conversation too. I love my husband but there's nothing like a good cup of coffee with a friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ooooh You Know

2018

#FiveFavorites