Day 4

Breakfast: Coffee and Apple Pie Overnight Oats (Combine: 1/2c. rolled oats, 1/4c. unsweetened applesauce, 1/4c. ish almond milk, cinnamon, nutmeg. Cover and put in fridge overnight. Add cut up apples + more cinnamon on top in the morning. Warm in the microwave for 45 seconds.)

I'm not a huge oatmeal fan, but I thought I'd try this anyway... yuck. I ate about 1/3 of it. Then I ate one of those muffins.

Snack: Iced latte with almond milk ($$$, but tasty) from Aroma's at their story time! (They were handing out FREE chocolate chip cookies; I fed it to Luke and didn't even sneak a bite. Go me!)

Lunch: Salad (with carrots, nuts, taco meat)

Snack: Quinoa Banana Bar (I added a handful of chocolate chips-- totally not "approved" but whatever!-- some shredded coconut and some chia seeds too.)
Thoughts: definitely interesting. Chewy texture but the uncooked quinoa adds some crunch. Very filling, good snack I'll probably make again but in a bigger pan so they're not so thick.

Dinner: Smoothie (banana, almond milk, peanut butter, chia seeds, ice, plain greek yogurt)

Workout: None. Again.



Side note: If you have't read Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng, you should. Ohmygosh, I couldn't stop reading it. Basic premise: (set in Ohio in the 70s) A 16 year old girl (Lydia) goes missing and the clues to what happened to her unravel slowly throughout the novel, all coming together beautifully (and tragically) at the end. However, I'm not sure I'd classify the book as a mystery only because so much of the focus is on the other family members and their stories. Most of the book tells stories from the characters past in an intriguing 3rd person omniscient narration. I would LOVE to discuss this book with someone, especially the ideas of gender, race and perspective that are interwoven throughout. Go read it!

Comments

  1. Overnight oats...I had to eat them cold and think of it as cereal instead of oatmeal to really enjoy it. I tried warming it up one day and YUCK. But I really liked it cold! I also just do almond milk & blueberries & stevia most of the time (when I get around to making it) and that's a pretty good combo!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ooooh You Know

2018

#FiveFavorites