Week #3

Recipe Notables from the Week
Zucchini Lasagna: Cut zucchini in half length wise and scoop out some with a spoon to make a boat. Thin layer of cottage cheese (or ricotta). Add a layer of meat and spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Super easy.



Banana Muffins: I added blueberries, chia seeds, used whole wheat flour, and made as muffins instead of a loaf of bread. Delicious!! Scott even liked them and normally he doesn't like "healthy" recipe versions.

Buffalo Cauliflower:
Cut up head of cauliflower. Brush with mixture (2T olive oil, 1/4c. buffalo sauce). Sprinkle with garlic powder. Bake for 20 min at 350. Yum!


Chocolate Shakeology
"Almond Joy" =  Add coconut milk, shredded coconut, almond extract. I did not like this... 
"Chunk Monkey" = Add banana, almond milk, peanut butter. This is my favorite... Sometimes I add cold coffee instead of almond milk (if I didn't drink my coffee from the day before =) 
"Banana Split" = Add almond milk, banana, strawberries. Ehhh, okay. 

Exercise
I still need to improve in this area. It's so easy for me to make excuses: I need to nap, it's too hot outside for a walk, too hard to find the time with 2 kids, etc... I did manage 3 walks this week. 

Progress Another 2 lbs down. 8 total since May 31st. I realize this is great progress, but it's so hard when I just want my clothes to fit! I'm still living in workout shorts, leggings, and Scott's L t-shirts. I ventured to Target today, hoping to snag a new swimsuit and a shirt or two for vacation next week to Lake Michigan. Everything I tried on was XL, and everything was too small. So depressing... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ooooh You Know

2018

#FiveFavorites